Health & Safety Speaking Events - Deadline to register - June 1st. Contest is June 8th.
- 4-H Pledge - Youth K-2 enrolled as Cloverbud members recute the 4-H Pledge (county level only)
- 4-H Creed - Youth ages 8-18 enrolled as 4-H member recite the National 4-H Club Creed (county level only)
- 4-H Health & Safety Speech - Youth ages 8-18 enrolled as a 4-H member. Junior and Senior divisions. Top contestants compete at the Area Contest.
- 4-H Health & Safety Team Talk/Skit- Youth ages 8-18 enrolled as a 4-H member. Junior and Senior divisions. Top contestants compete at the Area Contest.
- For complete rules and information regarding Presentation Contests, review the Health & Safety Skit Contest or the Health & Safety Speaking Contest.
Presentation Contest- Deadline to register - June 1st. Contest is June 8th.
- Illustrated Talk or Demonstration
- Members use appropriate props or other visual aides to teach others about a subject or how to do something
- Junior (ages 8-10), Intermediate (ages 11-13) and Senior (ages 14 and up) Divisions
- Members develop marketing materials, categories include: Thank You Cards (Junior), 4-H Holiday Card (Intermediate), Infomerical Promoting 4-H (Senior)
- For complete rules and information regarding Presentation Contests, review the Ohio State Fair Communication Day Rules
Summer Judging Schedule
- Please check your Member Handbook for Judging Times. The online appointment survey is now available and will be open through July 10, 2022. Please select: go.osu.edu/fcsummerjudging to schedule. Please view the Summer Judging Schedule to verify what day your project is judged.
- Tuesday July 12, 2022 - ALL Food and Nutrition Projects, Healthly Living, Genealogy, Home Living, Money Management, Writing,Cake Decorating, Scrapbooking, Collectibles, Creative Art, Quilting, Photography
- Wednesday July 13, 2022- General Self Determined Projects, Leadership and Citizenship, Science Fun projects, Rockets, Airplanes, Radio-Controlled Vehicles, Robotics, Electricity, Rope, Small Engines, Solar Energy, ATV, Woodworking, Welding, Veterinary Science, The Natural World, Gardening, Gardening Self-Determined Projects, Horseless Horse, All About Dogs, Shooting Sports, Discovering 4-H
- Thursday July 14, 2022 - All Clothing Projects. Style Review to be held at 7 pm at the Liberty Union High School.
- Can't find your project judging date? Maybe it's judged during the Fairfield County fair.
- If you are not able to attend summer judging, you can still finish your project by:
- Attending Late Judging on Tuesday, July 26th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling 740-653-5419 to schedule an appointment. Participation in Late Judging receives a grade only, and is not eligible for county awards or state fair consideration.
- Completing your project with your advisor - Talk to your club advisor as they can work with you to review your project for completion only. No grades or awards will be given with this option.
2022 Ohio State Fair Non-Livestock Information
2022 Summer Judging Results
- June 8, 2022: Pledge, Creed, Health and Safety Speaking and Demonstration Contest Results
- July 12, 2022: FCS Food and Miscellaneous (Health, Family Life and Child Development, Home Decorating & Design, Money Mgmt) Projects, Creative and Leisure Arts Projects
- July 13, 2022: Communication and Leadership Projects, Aerospace, Engineering & Woodworking Projects, Environmental Science Projects
- July 14, 2022: Clothing Projects
- Eligible youth will be contacted when State Fair packets are available. Please note: State Fair Delegates are selected at the discretion of the judge(s). Not everyone will qualify for State Fair Selection.