Health & Safety Speaking Events
- 4-H Pledge - Youth K-2 enrolled as Cloverbud members recute the 4-H Pledge (county level only)
- 4-H Creed - Youth ages 8-18 enrolled as 4-H member recite the National 4-H Club Creed (county level only)
- 4-H Health & Safety Speech - Youth ages 8-18 enrolled as a 4-H member. Junior and Senior divisions. Top contestants compete at the Area Contest.
- 4-H Health & Safety Team Talk/Skit- Youth ages 8-18 enrolled as a 4-H member. Junior and Senior divisions. Top contestants compete at the Area Contest.
- Illustrated Talk or Demonstration
- Members use appropriate props or other visual aides to teach others about a subject or how to do something
- Junior (ages 8-10), Intermediate (ages 11-13) and Senior (ages 14 and up) Divisions
- Members develop marketing materials, categories include: Thank You Cards (Junior), 4-H Holiday Card (Intermediate), Infomerical Promoting 4-H (Senior)
- For complete rules and information regarding Presentation Contests, review the Ohio State Fair Communication Day Rules
- Please check your Member Handbook for Judging Times. We will do online sign ups for judging again this year. Please view the Summer Judging Schedule to verify what day your project is judged.
- Monday July 12, 2021 - ALL Food and Nutrition Projects, Healthly Living, Genealogy, Home Living, Money Management
- Tuesday July 13, 2021 - Demonstration Contest, General Self Determined Projects, Writing, Leadership and Citizenship, Cake Decorating, Scrapbooking, Collectibles, Creative Art, Quilting, Photography
- Wednesday July 14, 2021- Science Fun projects, Rockets, Airplanes, Radio-Controlled Vehicles, Robotics, Electricity, Rope, Small Engines, Solar Energy, ATV, Woodworking, Welding, Veterinary Science, The Natural World, Gardening, Gardening Self-Determined Projects, Horseless Horse, All About Dogs, Shooting Sports, Discovering 4-H
- Thursday July 15, 2021 - All Clothing Projects. For 2021, we will be hosting a virutal Style Revue. After judging is completed, each youth will be filmed for the video.
- Can't find your project judging date? Maybe it's judged during the Fairfield County fair.
2021 Ohio State Fair Non-Livestock Information
2021 Summer Judging Results
- FCS Food and Miscellaneous (Health, Family Life and Child Development, Home Decorating & Design, Money Mgmt) Projects (Judged 7/12/2021)
- 4-H Miscellaneous - Communication, Creative and Leisure Arts (incl. Creative Writing) Projects (Judged 7/13/2021)
- Pledge, Creed, Health and Safety Speaking and Demonstration Contest Results
- Aerospace, Engineering & Woodworking Projects, Environmental Science Projects (Judged 7/14/2021)
- Clothing Projects (Judged 7/15/2021)
- Eligible youth will be contacted when State Fair packets are available. Please note: State Fair Delegates are selected at the discretion of the judge(s). Not everyone will qualify for State Fair Selection.