Quality Assurance Requirements
- Quality Assurance training is required annually for any member exhibiting a livestock project at the Fairfield County Fair (or Ohio State Fair). Livestock species include: Beef (Breeding & Market), Dairy Breeding, Dairy Feeders, Goats (Angora, Dairy, Meat, Market & Pygmy), Poultry (Breeding & Market), Sheep (Breeding & Market), Swine, Rabbits (Breeding & Market), Llamas, Alpacas.
- Deadline: All quality assurance training must be completed by June 30, 2022. Youth wanting to participate in the Ohio State Fair must have quality assurance training completed by June 1st, per OSF Rules.
2022 Skillathon Information
- 2022 Skillathon Dates:
- Dog - August 27, 2022 During Dog Check-in 10:00 am, Feeder Creek Show Arena
- Beef, Dairy Cattle, Dairy Feeders, Meat Goat, Sheep, Swine - September 10, 2022 9:00 am - 3:00 pm By Appointment. Rickett's Hall - check-in, Ed Sands - Skillathons
- Rabbit, Poultry, Horse, Alpaca/Llama, Pygmy Goat, Dairy Goat - September 25, 2022 11:00 am - 4:00 pm By Appointment. Rickett's Hall - check in, Ed Sands - Skillathons
- If you have questions regarding the Skillathon process, please contact Leslie Cooksey, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Aubry Fowler, email@example.com
Fairfield County Livestock Forms
- 4-H/FFA Livestock and Horse Housing Form for Fairfield County (revised 2019)
- Specie deadlines are listed on the form.
- Needs to be completed if you are not housing the animal on property your parents own.
- Home Grown Market Wether Intent Form (2022) (due May 1st)
- Home Grown Market Rabbit Intent Form (2022) (due May 1st)
- Dairy Lease
- Dairy Goat Lease (due July 1st)
- Llama/Alpaca Lease
- Fairfield County Junior Fair Goat-Sheep-Hog-Dairy Feeder Tag-in Form (2021)
- 2022 Barrow, Lamb, and Goat MQP information sheet
- 2022 Barrow MQP Application (closed)
- 2022 Lamb MQP Application (closed)
- 2022 Goat MQP Application (closed)
- Requirements of Livestock Projects for Exhibition in Ohio Fairs - New 2/18/19
- Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) Fact Sheet for 4-H Youth Livestock Producers and Families
- For Junior Fair Livestock Sale information, please visit the sale blog at u.osu.edu/livestocksale.