2019 Junior Leadership Club Information
A county wide club for youth age 13 & older!
2019 Meeting Dates
- January 14, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- February 11, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- March 2, 2019 4-H Day, 1-3 pm at the Fairgrounds
- March 11, 2019 @ 6pm at the Ag Center
- April 7, 2019 Cloverbud Easter Egg Hunt, 2:30 pm. at the Ag Center
- April 15, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
May 6, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- May 20, 2019 @ 6 pm at Gypsy Joe's
- June - no meeting due to camp
- July - no meeting due to judging
- August 12, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- September 9, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- October 6-12, 2018 FAIRFIELD COUNTY FAIR
- October 28, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- November 18, 2019 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- November 19, 2019 - Host the 4-H Advisors Banquet at the Fairgrounds
What is Junior Leadership Club?
A group of older 4-H youth who participates in community service projects in Fairfield County. Junior Leaders also are responsible for planning the 4-H theme for the year. Many Junior Leaders promote 4-H in the schools in Fairfield County by giving demonstrations and putting up posters in their school. They also help run the Fairfield County Fair in October. They also help out at the Summerfest, judging at the fair and in the summer, and the advisor's banquet.
When do they meet?
The Junior Leaders typically meet monthly on Mondays at 6 PM and ending at 7:30 PM. (see above for exact dates)
Where are the meetings at?
The OSU Extension Office in Lancaster (831 College Ave.) also known as the Ag Center or where specified above
Who can join?
Anyone who is 13-18 years old and a current 4-H member of Fairfield County.
When can you join?
Any time during the year. All you have to do is show up at the meetings.
What do we do at the meetings?
Jr. Leaders discuss and plan what is going to happen this year in Fairfield County 4-H. We also play really fun group games. We have four committees in the club, they are as follows: Community Service, Website/Newsletter, Advisor Banquet and Fundraising. The community service committee organizes the community service the club will do. The website/newsletter committee is responsible for writing articles and creating a newsletter informing the county of what the club is doing. The advisory banquet committee plans the advisors end of the year banquet. The fundraising committee comes up with ideas to raise money to be able to put on a year-end banquet for the 4-H advisors of the county.
Who are the Officers?
The 2019 slate of officers are as follows: President is Lexie Hyme, Vice President is Allison Cramer, Secretary is Hannah Henry, Treasurer is Lexi Carruthers and the Corresponding Secretary is MaLynn Kilbarger.
The 4-H Advisory Committee representatives are Zach Long, Hannah Henry, Lexie Hyme, Dalton Henry.
Advisors are Nathan and Jennifer Crook.