2020 Junior Leadership Club Information
A county wide club for youth age 13 & older!
2020 Meeting Dates
- January 13, 2020 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- February 10, 2020 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- March 7, 2020 4-H Day, 1-3 pm at the AAA Building on the Fairfield County Fairgrounds
- March 23, 2020 @ 6pm at the Ag Center
- March 29, 2020 Cloverbud Easter Egg Hunt, 2:30 pm. at the Ag Center
- April 20, 2020 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- May - no meeting
- June 1, 2020 @ 6 pm at Gypsy Joe's
- July - no meeting due to summer project judging
- August - no meeting
- September 14, 2020 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- October11-17,2020 FAIRFIELD COUNTY FAIR
- October 26, 2020 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- November 16, 2020 @ 6 pm at the Ag Center
- November 17, 2020 - Host the 4-H Advisors Banquet at the Fairgrounds
What is Junior Leadership Club?
A group of older 4-H youth who participates in community service projects in Fairfield County. Junior Leaders also are responsible for planning the 4-H theme for the year. Many Junior Leaders promote 4-H in the schools in Fairfield County by giving demonstrations and putting up posters in their school. They also help run the Fairfield County Fair in October. They also help out at the Summerfest, judging at the fair and in the summer, and the advisor's banquet.
When do they meet?
The Junior Leaders typically meet monthly on Mondays at 6 PM and ending at 7:30 PM. (see above for exact dates)
Where are the meetings at?
The OSU Extension Office in Lancaster (831 College Ave.) also known as the Ag Center or where specified above
Who can join?
Anyone who is 13-18 years old and a current 4-H member of Fairfield County.
When can you join?
Any time during the year. All you have to do is show up at the meetings. In order to be considered a member of the Fairfield County Junior Leadership club, we ask that you attend 6 meetings (events can be included in this count).
What do we do at the meetings?
Jr. Leaders discuss and plan what is going to happen this year in Fairfield County 4-H. We also play really fun group games. We have four committees in the club, they are as follows: Community Service, Website/Newsletter, Advisor Banquet and Fundraising. The community service committee organizes the community service the club will do. The website/newsletter committee is responsible for writing articles and creating a newsletter informing the county of what the club is doing. The advisory banquet committee plans the advisors end of the year banquet. The fundraising committee comes up with ideas to raise money to be able to put on a year-end banquet for the 4-H advisors of the county.
Who are the Officers?
The 2020 slate of officers are as follows: President is Lily Dennis, Vice President is Eva Radcliff, Secretary is Lauren Kidd, and Treasurer is Lexi Carruthers.
The 4-H Advisory Committee representatives are Gus Swinehart, Lily Dennis, Dalton Henry, Lexie Hyme and alternate Allison Cramer.
Advisors are Nathan and Jennifer Crook.