Farifield County 4-H Camps are open to current Fairfield County 4-H members and those completing a School Enrichment program in Fairfield County. Fairfield County Junior and Intermediate Camp is held at Tar Hollow State Park, located in Laurelville, Ohio. Youth sleep in a cabin with at least one youth counselor and up to 6 other youth. Activities at camp include campfire, swimming, canoeing, hiking, fishing, line dancing, crafts, team building activities, water carnivals, games, and lots of fun! Cloverbud Day camp is held at Alley Park near Lancaster.
Junior and Intermedicate camp fee includes meals, cabin lodging, camp programming fees, health insurance, the camp t-shirt and picture.
Cloverbud Day camp fee includes snacks, lunch, camp programming fees, camp t-shirt, and health insurance.
THE EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER FOR TAR HOLLOW RESIDENTIAL CAMP IS 740-887-4815.
Registration for all camps will opens May 1st! Registration forms with payment must be received by June 1st to be eligible for scholarship and to avoid the late registration fee.
2021 Camp information and Registration Form will be posted when finalized.
CAMP DATES FOR 2021!! (age as of January 1st)
- Cloverbud (5-8 and Cloverbud members): June 5, 2021. Cloverbud Camper Letter will be distributed to campers after registration is completed! (Includes checklist of what to bring).
- Intermediate (11-14 year olds): June 14-17, 2021. The Intermediate Camper Packet will be distributed to campers after registration is completed! (Includes checklist of what to bring).
- Junior (8-10 year olds): June 29-July 1, 2021. The Junior Camper Packet will be distributed to campers after registration is completed! (Includes checklist of what to bring).
- Teen Camp (4-H members who have completed 9th - 12th Grade): July 5-6, 2021
The Camp Map is included in the complete Intermediate and Junior Camp packet and includes directions to Tar Hollow 4-H Camp (Junior, Intermediate, and Counselor Camps!)
The Cloverbud Camp Map is included in the Cloverbud Camp Packet and includes directions to Alley Park for Cloverbud Camp.
Adidtional information regarding the Bertha Wilson Scholarship.
Who was Bertha Wilson?
- Bertha Wilson was a sincere person who was concerned with helping others. She was at the very young age of 15 when the great depression hit in 1929. With hard times upon our country, jobs and money were hard to find. Bertha knew the importance of education and did very well in high school. When there was no electric in her family's house, she used kerosene to light her study. Her journey through life eventually landed her in a course learning stenography and eventually she was hired by the Bureau of Unemployment. Through over twenty years of service, Bertha found jobs for more people than anyone else in Lancaster. She was frugal with her money but was very generous in her giving to the church. In her later years, Bertha set up a trust for people who had very little. Through the memory of Bertha, and her generosity, a scholarship is set up to help 4-Her's with camp costs.
What is the Bertha Wilson Camp Scholarship?
- Traditionally, the Bertha Wilson Scholarship is to provide assistance to 4-H members who do not have the financial means to attend camp OR to families with two or more children attending camp OR individuals wo are attending Junior or Intermediate Camp for the first time. For 2019, the Bertha Wilson Trust will be providing a scholarship for every camper to attend camp if fees are paid by June 1st. After June 1st, the camp will cost full price with an additional late fee added to each camp registration.
- A camp scholarship of $57.50 for Junior and/or Intermediate Camp is awarded to all 4-H members if paid by June 1st. After June 1st, the Junior and Intermediate camp fee will be $140.00.
- A camp scholarship of $15.00 for Cloverbud Camp is awarded to all 4-H members. After June 1st, the Cloverbud camp fee will be $50.00.
Who is Eligible to Apply for the Bertha Wilson Scholarship?
- All campers are eligible for the scholarship!! ** You may turn in your camp registration form with the reduced fee. It is an automatic scholarship, so anyone eligible that completes appropriate paperwork and payment by the June 1st deadline receives it! **
Please send 'Thank You' notes with camp registration form to:
ATTN: Bertha Wilson Camp Scholarship
831 College Ave, Suite D
Lancaster, Ohio 43130-1081