Older Youth Opportunities
Applications and Forms (due 1st Friday in January) (If you have questions or need assistance, feel free to set up an appointment with Leslie by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 740-277-4625. Awards are announced at the Achievement Banquet in April.)
- 2023 Camp Counselor Application (online application) For youth interested in serving as a New or Returning Camp Counselor (must be 14 & older to be a counselor). As you complete the online application, you will be asked to upload the following completed forms: 1. Standards of Behavior form 2. Ohio 4-H Camp Cell Phone Policy and Tar Hollow Electronics Policy/Camp Counselor Code of Conduct form 3. Counselor Permission to Participate - 2023 Fairfield County 4-H Camps form 4. Ohio 4-H Health Statement with picture
- 2023 Junior Fair Board Application (online application) For 4-H and FFA youth interested in serving on the Fairfield County Junior Fair Board. Membership is open to youth between the ages of 14 and 18 years old. New members must be 14 years old by October 1st of the current year to serve.
- 2023 Fashion and Nutrition Board Application (online application) For youth 13+ with at least 3 years of experience in clothing and/or food & nutrition related projects. Current or previous Fashion/Nutrition Board members do not need to re-apply. Please send Shannon Carter an email that you would like to be on the 2022 board.
- Ohio 4-H Achievement Form (2023 Form- Word document- Please download to complete) 2023 Achievement Form Instructions - PLEASE READ! For youth 14-18 as of January 1, 2023 interested in applying for state & county achievement/merit awards (Beef, Clothing, Leadership, etc.), county trips (Sea Camp, Leadership Camp, etc.), State Junior Fair Board, National Dairy Conference, Ohio Township Award, etc. Please use the current version of the form!
- Ohio 4-H Conference: Both advisors and youth 13 & older are invited to attend! Youth completing an Ohio 4-H Achievement Form will be sponsored to attend the conference.
- 2023 Fairfield County 4-H Scholarship Application - for High School Seniors and those in College. If you have questions or want more information, please contact Leslie Cooksey at email@example.com or 740-277-4625. Please download the form for the interactive pdf to work.
- Ohio 4-H Scholarship Information - Information sheet on how to complete the online application for Ohio 4-H Scholarships.
- Ohio State Fair Scholarship - link to information and application
- Fairfield County Farm Bureau Scholarship and Ohio Farm Bureau Scholarships - link to information and application
- Dorrin and Ruth Ross Scholarship Application For youth who have participated in Fairfield County 4-H or FFA. All applications will be completed online through the Columbus Foundation, and previous winners are encouraged to apply again.
- Fairfield County Cattleman's Association Scholarship For High School Seniors or Undergraduate College Students attending either 2 or 4 year programs. The applicant or parent/guardian must have been a member of the Fairfield County Cattlemen's Association for the previous two calendar years. Deadline January 15, 2023. See application for additional details. Also, access at http://go.osu.edu/FCCAscholar
- The Fairfield County Soil and Water Conservation District Scholarship offer two $500 scholarships each year. You can find information about the scholarship on their website. Their application is due back to their office (831 College Ave, Suite B) March 31 of the current year.
- Additional scholarship opprtunities may be found on the Blog: https://u.osu.edu/fairfield4h/category/scholarships/
Criteria (applicants must meet ALL THREE)
- Attained the level of High School Senior (or above) as of January 1st of the current year,
- Completed the Ohio 4-H Achievement Form in January of the current year, and
- Be a current 4-H member in good standing (enrolled in 4-H, completing projects, attending meetings, etc.)
- January: Turn in the Ohio 4-H Achievement Form to the OSU Extension Office.
- Mid to late summer: Individuals who meet the first three requirements (above) will be sent a letter with details on how to complete the application process.
- August: Deadline to submit the Outstanding 4-Her Application Form AND Addendum (update) to their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form.
- The Addendum is a separate document/piece of paper where applicants will include any 4-H and non-4-H updates from the current 4-H year that took place after their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form was submitted back in January.
- Additionally, the Addendum can include past 4-H and non-4-H activities, programs, events, and participation that may not have been included on their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form.
- The Addendum (submitted in August) and the Ohio 4-H Achievement Form (submitted in January) will be used to review criteria selected on your Outstanding 4-Her Application Form. You may include as many pages as necessary.
- Example of completed form and addendum
- October: Individuals who meet the Outstanding 4-Her criteria will be recognized at the Junior Fair Panorama at the Fairfield County Fair.