2020 Fairfield County 4-H Advisor Application Due to the Extension Office by February 1, 2020! Updated 11/6/19
Older Youth Opportunities
The annual Fairfield County Achievement Form Workshop is on December 12, 2019 from 6-7 pm for Junior Achievement forms and 7-9 pm for Ohio Achievement Forms in the Agriculture Building conference rooms (the building that houses our office).
2020 Teen Opportunity Chart (From the State Website with Fairfield County specific information added- please pay attention to the suggested ages for the trips!)
Completed Forms and Applications are due January 10, 2020 by 4:00 pm. If you have questions or need assistance, feel free to set up an appointment with Leslie by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 740-277-4625. Awards are announced at the Achievement Banquet in April.
Applications and Forms are found below:
2020 Camp Counselor Application and Instructions For youth interested in serving as a New or Returning Camp Counselor (must be 14 & older to be a counselor).
2020 Junior Fairboard Application For 4-H and FFA youth interested in serving on the Fairfield County Junior Fair Board. Membership is open to youth between the ages of 14 and 18 years old. New members must be 14 years old by October 1st of the current year to serve.
2020 Fashion and Nutrition Board Application For youth 13+ with at least 3 years of experience in clothing and/or food & nutrition related projects. Current or previous Fashion/Nutrition Board members do not need to re-apply. Please send Shannon Carter an email that you would like to be on the 2019-2020 board.
Ohio Achievement Form Suggestions - Achievement form section suggestions can by found by reviewing this form.
Ohio 4-H Achievement Form (2020 Form) For youth 14-18 as of January 1, 2020 interested in applying for state & county achievement/merit awards (Beef, Clothing, Leadership, etc.), county trips (Sea Camp, Leadership Camp, etc.), State Junior Fair Board, National Dairy Conference, Ohio Township Award, etc. Please use the current version of the form!
Making eXtreme Counselors Training Workshop - Statewide Camp Counselor Training Workshop (February 22-23, 2020). The completed registration form is due to the Fairfield County Extension Office by January 24, 2020, along with a payment of $10 (reduced fee due to sponsorship). Please note: If you register and DO NOT attend the entire workshop, you must pay the sponsor back the entire workshop fee!
Ohio 4-H Conference (March 14, 2020) Registration is due to the Fairfield County Extension Office by February 5, 2020, along with a payment of $40. View the registration form and registration session booklet. Youth 13 & older are invited to attend! Youth completing an Ohio 4-H Achievement Form will be sponsored to attend the conference.
Fairfield County Jr. Achievement Form (pdf) Word or pdf For 4-H members ages 8-13 as of January 1, 2020 to complete. This form provides a start towards completing the Ohio Achievement Record form. There are three levels of awards: White Clover for members in the first and second year, Green Clover for members in their third and fourth years, and Gold Clover for members in the fifth and sixth year of Traditional 4-H. The cover letter may be found here.
2020 Fairfield County 4-H Scholarship Application - for High School Seniors and those in College. If you have questions or want more information, please contact Leslie Cooksey at email@example.com or 740-277-4625. Please download the form for the interactive pdf to work. 12/30/19
2020 Ohio 4-H Scholarship Information - Information on how to complete the online application for Ohio 4-H Scholarships.
2020 Ohio State Fair Scholarship - Information and application will be posted as soon as it is available.
2020 Fairfield County Farm Bureau Scholarship - link to information and application
Dorrin and Ruth Ross Scholarship Application For youth who will be attending post secondary education beginning Fall 2020.
Fairfield County Cattleman's Association Scholarship For High School Seniors or Undergraduate College Students attending either 2 or 4 year programs. The applicant or parent/guardian must have been a member of the Fairfield County Cattlemen's Association for the previous two calendar years. Deadline February 1, 2020. See application for additional details.
The Fairfield County Soil and Water Conservation District Scholarship offer two $500 scholarships each year. You can find information about the scholarship on their website. Their application is due back to their office (831 College Ave, Suite B) March 31 of the current year.
Outstanding 4-H'er letters were sent to potential outstanding 4-H members via email in 2020. In order to be considered an Outstanding 4-Her, applicants must meet ALL THREE of the following. If these are met, forms will be considered for this achievement.
- 1) Attained the level of High School Senior (or above) as of January 1st of the current year,
- 2) Completed the 2020 Ohio 4-H Achievement Form in January of the current year, and
- 3) Be a current 4-H member in good standing (enrolled in 4-H, completing projects, attending meetings, etc.)
The timeline of the Outstanding 4-Her Application process:
- January 2020: Turn in the Ohio 4-H Achievement Form to the OSU Extension Office.
- Mid to late summer: Individuals who meet the first three requirements (above) will be sent a letter with details on how to complete the application process.
- August 21st, 2020: Deadline to submit the Outstanding 4-Her Application Form AND Addendum (update) to their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form.
- The Addendum is a separate document/piece of paper where applicants will include any 4-H and non-4-H updates from the current 4-H year that took place after their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form was submitted back in January.
- Additionally, the Addendum can include past 4-H and non-4-H activities, programs, events, and participation that may not have been included on their Ohio 4-H Achievement Form.
- The Addendum (submitted in August) and the Ohio 4-H Achievement Form (submitted in January) will be used to review criteria selected on your Outstanding 4-Her Application Form. You may include as many pages as necessary.
October 11th, 2020: Individuals who meet the Outstanding 4-Her criteria will be recognized at the Junior Fair Panorama the Sunday of the Fairfield County Fair.