Health Safety Protocols in Place for OSU Extension
Fairfield County as of March 12, 2020
There has been a recent confirmation of the coronavirus in the state of Ohio leading to public health concerns related to disease transmission. As a result, The Ohio State University has been proactively implementing protocols for ensuring the safety and health for our students and clientele. After consultation with the college and university leadership, the following programs have been either postponed or cancelled. We are following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control, Ohio Department of Health, and the university in being aggressively proactive to prevent the potential spread of communicable respiratory illness.
We understand this may cause an inconvenience to you, but please know that your health and the health of our community at-large is our biggest priority. We will be postponing or cancelling gatherings, face-to-face programming, and meetings through April 20 to provide time for additional vigilance as we learn more about how this virus is affecting Ohioans.
4-H CLUB GUIDELINES:
• All 4-H Club Meetings need to be virtual (Skype, Google Hangout, etc) or postponed until April 20, this means NO face to face meetings until at least April 20th.
• As of this time, all Fairfield County 4-H Enrollments are still due May 1st.
SCHEDULE CHANGES THROUGH APRIL 20TH:
• WILL GO ON AS SCHEDULED March 14 – Junior Fair Market Beef Tagging & Weigh-In
• CANCELED March 14 – Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop
• CANCELED March 14 - Ohio 4-H Conference & 4-H Master Clothing Educator Meeting
• CANCELED March 14 – Collegiate 4-H Plowboy Prom
• CANCELED March 16 – Camp Counselor Training
• POSTPONED March 16, 17, 23, 24 – Slow Cooking, Fast Cooking Series – Rescheduled for: April 20, 21, 27, 28
• VIRTUAL MEETING March 18-19 – Mandatory Club Update (Advisors watch for an email with details)
• CANCELED March 19 – STEAM Night at Winchester Trail
• CANCELED March 23 – Junior Leader 4-H Meeting
• CANCELED March 25-29 – Buckeye Leadership Workshop
• CANCELED March 26 – 4-H Advisory Committee
• POSTPONED March 28 – Cake Decorating Workshop – Rescheduled for: April 25
• CANCELED March 28 – OSU Jr Swine Day
• CANCELED March 29 – Cloverbud Easter Egg Hunt
• POSTPONED March 30 – Quality Assurance Assistant Instructor Training (for advisors)
• VIRTUAL MEETING April 1 – New Volunteer Training (New Advisors watch for an email with details)
• CANCELED April 6 – Fashion and Nutrition Board Meeting
• POSTPONED April 7 – 4-H Achievement Banquet – Date in May TBD
• POSTPONED April 8 – Junior Fair Board Retreat – Date in May TBD
• VIRTUAL MEETING April 14 – 4-H Endowment Committee Meeting
• VIRTUAL MEETING April 15 – Camp Counselor Training
• POSTPONED April 17 – Spring Horse Clinic – Date TBD
• POSTPONED April 18 – Fairfield County Master Gardener Volunteers "Dig Into Gardening" Education Day - Rescheduled for June 27
Future programming will be evaluated as we receive additional information from the state. Programming updates will be announced on our Ohio State – Fairfield County 4-H Facebook page as well as our Events tab on our OSU Extension website (http://fairfield.osu.edu).
For up-to-date information on the coronavirus and how to prevent its spread, please visit:
• Ohio Department of Heath:
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
o Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
The best way to reach us is via email:
4-H Youth Development
Extension Educator and Area 18 Leader
Family & Consumer Sciences