Are you ready to learn about food preservation? Have questions? We may not be able to meet in person but are offering a couple of opportunities to learn about food preservation. You can register for just one or all of them.
1. The Ohio State University Extension Food Preservation Team will be hosting Food Preservation Office Hours on Tuesdays from 4 – 5 p.m. Each date will present a different topic as listed below, please register at the links listed under each session.
June 2 Jams & Jellies (link: go.osu.edu/jamsandjellies)
- June 16 Canning & Freezing Vegetables (link: go.osu.edu/canningfreezingvegetables)
- June 30 Canning & Freezing Fruit (link: go.osu.edu/canningfreezingfruits)
- July 14 Pickles (link: go.osu.edu/pickles)
- July 28 Salsa (link: go.osu.edu/makingsalsa)
2. Jenny Lobb, Family and Consumer Sciences Educator, OSU Extension Franklin County will be presenting a series on Food Preservation 101 that will cover basic methods of food preservation including canning, freezing, drying and fermentation. These classes will be held on Fridays from 10:00 – 10:45 a.m.
- June 5 Overview of Food Preservation Methods
- June 12 Water-bath Canning
- June 19 Pressure Canning
- June 26 Pickling and Fermentation
- July 10 Freezing Fruits and Vegetables
- July 17 Dehydration
Please register at go.osu.edu/Preserve.
If you missed a class, please visit go.osu.edu/preservefranklin to view the recording. You will also find many preservation resources available there.
For additional information please view the flyers for each opportunity: