Join OSU Extension-Fairfield County for the return of the Local Foods Farm Tour Series. Free on-farm educational programs highlighting local producers in Fairfield County. Our locations are:
- Thursday, May 26th, 6:00 p.m.
- Schultz Valley Farms, 424 Zion Rd. SE, Lancaster
- Schultz Valley Farms raises a variety of produce, meat, and eggs using sustainable growing practices. This family farm offers weekly farm shares through their CSA program.
- Thursday, June 23rd, 6:00 p.m.
- Keller Market House, 134 S. Columbus St., Lancaster
- Keller Market House is a year-round, indoor marketplace that connects the community with farmers, food producers and artisans from Fairfield County and throughout the state of Ohio.
- Thursday, August 18th, 6:00 p.m.
- Rockside Winery & Vineyards, 2363 Lanc-Newark Rd NE, Lancaster
- Stroll the vineyard to learn more about the growing techniques and grape varieties produced by Rockside Winery & Vineyards. The tasting room will be open following the tour.
- Thursday, August 25th, 6:00 p.m.
- Brandt Family Farm Grain & Milling and Walnut Creek Seeds, 6100 Basil Western Rd, Carroll
- Brandt Family Farms uses regenerative practices to improve soil health and increase nutrient value of heritage grains. They also clean and mill their own grains on farm.
- Wednesday, September 28th, 5:30 p.m.
- Ochs Fruit Farm, 2161 Pleasantville Rd., Lancaster
- Visit one of Fairfield County’s oldest agricultural operations, featuring over 90 varieties of apples, as well as apple cider and a selection of pumpkins, gourds and squash.
For a complete list of tour locations please view the Local Farm Tour Series flyer. To register, visit go.osu.edu/fclocal or call 740-653-5419.