Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen is a FREE online course created by OSU Extension Family and Consumer Sciences. This online course goes “beyond the kitchen” to discuss making healthy choices when eating at restaurants, grocery shopping or planning weekly meals.
The course includes:
- Interactive presentations
- Fact sheets and resources
- Short surveys to test knowledge
- An open forum to share ideas, questions and tips with other course participants
- The ability to speak with Ohio State Extension professionals
- Access to websites and apps that help manage diabetes
Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen is self-paced and participants can enter and leave whenever they want. Everyone who completes the course is automatically entered in a quarterly drawing for a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
Sign up is easy and free. Visit go.osu.edu/DWDBtK. If you don't already have one, you will need to create a free account with campus.extension.org to take advantage of all the materials.
Course instructors for Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen are Cheryl Barber-Spires, Barb Hennard, Shawna Hite, Dan Remley and Susan Zies.
For questions or more information, contact Dan Remley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more ideas and information???
Visit the Amercian Diabetes Association or the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases for additional resources!