Are you planning to preserve summer produce? For in-person workshops, please join Shannon Carter, Family and Consumer Sciences Educator and Sandy Bohl, Instructor, with Ohio State University Extension Fairfield County. Classes will be offered at both the Wagnalls Memorial Library and Fairfield County District Library – Main Branch. There is no cost for attendance, but registration is requested to reserve your space. Register at: https://go.osu.edu/FCFoodPreservation.
- Wagnalls Library: Tuesday, August 9th, 6:00-7:00 pm
- Fairfield County Main Library, August 11th, 11:00 am-2:00 pm
- Wagnalls Library: Tuesday, August 16th, 6:00-7:00 pm
- Fairfield County Main Library, August 18th, 1:00-2:00 pm
Wagnalls Library is located at 150 E. Columbus St, Lithopolis, OH.
Fairfield County Main Library is located at 219 N. Broad St, Lancaster, OH. Classes will be held on the 3rd floor.
For virtual options, The Ohio State University is offering several opportunities to Savor Ohio Produce. Join the Food Preservation Team on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00 p.m. EST for a free webinar series. Register at: https://go.osu.edu/2022foodpreservationwebinarseries. Topics and dates are:
- May 3: Asparagus and Peas
- May 17: Berries and Strawberries
- May 31: Onions and Herbs
- June 14: Greens
- June 28: Beans
- July 26: Peaches
- August 9: Corn
- August 23: Melon
- September 6: Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, and Cauliflower
- September 20: Potatoes